Winters can be highly frustrating in areas that experience heavy snowfall.
Nobody likes having a deep layer of snow all around the house, and that’s why a snow blower is a must-have. And when I’m talking about heavy snowfall, obviously a one-stage blower will not suffice. You need a two-stage blower, but that’s where it gets a bit tricky.
Two-stage blowers cost more, so it is a considerable investment when buying one, and there are a plethora of two-stage blowers out there. How do you select the best one? Don’t worry because I have handpicked and reviewed the PR271 Two-Stage Snow Blower from Poulan Pro as the best option.
So, buckle up and read on.
Poulan Snow Blower Reviews 2020: Why buy this product?
I used the PR271 extensively throughout last winter. Being in Flagstaff, Arizona gave me the opportunity (actually it was more of a necessity) to use this snow blower almost every other day, and I noticed some win-win features of this blower that I loved. Here are the reasons why I think you should buy this snow blower:
With an impressive intake height of 23 inches and a width of 27 inches, you can get more done in less time with the PR271. But the intake capacity is only the icing on the cake because many aspects of this snow blower are about immense power.
You will appreciate the beast of an engine in this blower, which provides 12.5 foot-pounds of torque. And if that wasn’t enough, it comes with powerful ribbon augers that will cut through snow and ice with ease.
So, it is safe to say that you will hardly find a snow removal task to be too much of a challenge with the PR271 at your disposal!
Ease of Use
Nobody wants to buy a snowblower that is difficult to put together and use. When the PR271 was delivered at my doorstep, the first impression was a definite positive, because assembling it and putting it to use felt like a breeze!
When I had to maneuver it around trees and beside the fence, I couldn’t help but laud the easy-grip design of the handle and the mounted power steering trigger. You will be able to control it conveniently with one hand, and that’s amazing for a machine that weighs over 200 pounds!
Did I mention that its handle height can also be adjusted?
Perhaps the most significant factor each of us considers when buying a snow blower is its durability and longevity. And in that respect, the PR271 meets the highest standards!
Starting from the engine to the chute, the guys at Poulan Pro left no stone unturned to ensure top-notch durability. Even the augers and impellers are made from robust materials.
In fact, I had read some reviews claiming that this sturdy machine lasts for several years if maintained properly, and mine seems to be working well enough to substantiate those claims!
Value for Money
There are only a handful of snow blowers that justify their high prices, and Poulan Pro’s PR271 has to be at the top of that elite list! This snow blower has been thoughtfully designed and packed with enough nifty features to make its price seem reasonable.
It all boils down to getting the most bang for your buck, irrespective of what you’re buying and how much you’re spending. Even more so when it comes to expensive outdoor equipment like snow blowers.
What could’ve been better?
You will rarely find an outdoor tool or equipment that is flawless. While using the PR271 last winter, I observed a downside.
The cables for the discharge chute are a bit too long, and there is no way to adjust their length. Due to this slack in the cables, the discharge chute rotates about 30 to 45 degrees toward the center position under load.
I could fix this issue by using a wire to tighten the cable fittings. After that, the chute remained in the correct position. So, it is not a deal-breaker, but you expect such problems to be identified and fixed by the manufacturer.
- Powerful 254 cc OHV engine provides 12.5 foot-pounds of torque
- Six forward and one reverse speed settings
- The easy-grip handle offers enhanced maneuverability and facilitates one-handed operation
- Equipped with power steering and electric start functions
- Backed by a 3-year homeowner warranty
- Discharge chute cables are too long
Poulan Pro is a reputed brand that has been around for more than seven decades. When you buy a Poulan Pro product, you can rest assured about the quality, and as far as the Poulan Pro PR271 is concerned, I can vouch that its benefits and features far outweigh its cost and insignificant snags.
Can’t make up your mind yet? Read our buying guide for snow blowers before you proceed with your purchase.
You should also check out our reviews of other models:
- AAVIX AGT1426 2-Stage Electric Start Self-Propelled Snow Blower Review
- Amico AST26 Two Stage Gasoline Engine Snow Blower/Thrower Review
- BERCOMAC Versatile Plus Off-Road Snowblower Review
- Best Ariens Snowblower 2020
- Best Honda Snowblower 2020
- Best Toro Snowblower 2020
- Briggs & Stratton Snow Blower Reviews 2020
- Champion Compact 2-Stage Gas Snow Blower Review
- Craftsman 26″ Snowblower Reviews 2020
- Cub Cadet Snow Blower Reviews 2020
- Dirty Hand Tools 103880 Self-Propelled Electric Start Snow Blower with Tracks Review 2020
- Earthwise SN74022 Cordless Snow Thrower Review
- Greenworks 40V Snow Blower Review 2020
- Husqvarna Snow Blower Reviews 2020
- Kobalt Snow Blower Review 2020
- PowerSmart DB2401 Lithium-Ion 40V Cordless Snow Blower Review
- Remington RM2120 Electric Start Single-Stage Gas Snow Thrower Review
- Ryobi 40V Snow Blower Review 2020
- Simplicity 1696755 Single Stage Snow Thrower Review
- SnoTek 2-Stage Self-Propelled Gas Snow Blower Review
- Snow Joe Cordless Snow Blower Review 2020 – iON18SB Cordless Single Stage
- Troy Bilt Storm 2410 Reviews 2020
- Yardmax 22 Snowblower Review 2020