The biggest complaint I have against the winter months is the huge mounds of snow that gets piled up all over the place, mainly my precious lawn and driveway.
Before I started my career as a professional landscaper, my only weapon against those huge masses of snow was the shovel I kept stashed in the garden shed. As you can probably imagine, cleaning up all that snow with just a shovel wasn’t a pleasant experience.
However, my years of experience in the outdoor maintenance business granted me access to a whole arsenal of highly effective snow clearing machines, popularly known as snow throwers/blowers.
It has been quite a long time since I first used these machines, and believe me when I say that these things have entirely changed the way I feel about winters!
So if you’re someone who has to deal with a ton of snow every winter, I have the perfect product for you. The Greenworks 20-inch 40V Cordless Snow Thrower is ideal for homeowners looking for an effective snow clearing solution.
Greenworks Snow Blower Review 2020: Why Do I like it?
After using the Greenworks 20-inch 40V Cordless Snow Thrower for the past year, I think this just might be one of the best snow throwers for the average user. It’s light, efficient, compact, and most importantly, pocket-friendly!
Here are a few things I liked about this product:
Powerful 40 Volt Battery
The 40 volt Lithium-ion battery featured in this snow thrower by Greenworks offers over 45 minutes of run time. This is significantly higher than a lot of other models in this price range. The higher runtime allows me to clear out my lawn in one go, rather than having to charge it up for a second time.
Moreover, I noticed that the power of the thrower did not fade as the charge dropped. It continues at full power until it is empty. This allows for a constant level of performance throughout the session. The motor is also significantly quieter than most other products and does not require much maintenance.
Massive 20-Inch Wide Clearing Path
The massive 20-inch clearing path is extremely convenient when you need to clear out a large swathe of snow in a small amount of time. In fact, this is the feature that makes this product so efficient at clearing out snow when combined with the powerful motor.
I could quickly clear out over 8 inches of dry snow without facing any choking. It also comes with a 180-degree rotating chute which shoots out the snow up to 20 feet away in your desired direction.
While testing out this model, I noticed no significant damage to my lawn surface. This is because this thrower clears the snow right down to the ground – a feature quite uncommon in low-budget snow throwers.
Portability is one of the key elements of the design of this snow thrower by Greenworks, as not all of us like to have big, beefy machines stored in the garden.
Despite having a large 20-inch clearing path, the model is designed in a way that makes it extremely compact and lightweight. The 6-inch rear wheels featured in this thrower makes it very easy to maneuver, even on gravelly and uneven terrain.
Weighing only a little over 30 pounds, I found it extremely easy to roll it around on the snowy ground thanks to the ergonomic design. It also features an easy fold system which makes it significantly easier to store and transport this snow thrower.
What Could Have Been Better?
While this snow thrower was incredibly effective at clearing out dry, fluffy snow, it had a tough time when faced with slushy, wet snow.
While testing out this model, I noticed that as soon as I veered this thing over wet slush, the chute started getting clogged. It was also unable to discharge the damp snow as effectively as it did with dry snow.
- Very lightweight; weighs around 33 lbs
- Comes with a huge 20-inch clearing path for efficient snow removal
- The powerful 40V battery offers 45 minutes of runtime
- Highly compact design
- Has problems clearing out wet snow
Overall, the Greenworks 20-Inch 40V Snow Thrower is an outstanding value-for-money product that is exceptionally good at clearing out large mounds of snow.
While it does struggle a bit with wet snow, it does exceptionally well in almost all other aspects of performance. Highly recommended for all of you who are looking for budget-friendly snow throwers!
Can’t make up your mind yet? Read our buying guide for snow blowers before you proceed with your purchase.
You should also check out our reviews of other models:
- AAVIX AGT1426 2-Stage Electric Start Self-Propelled Snow Blower Review
- Amico AST26 Two Stage Gasoline Engine Snow Blower/Thrower Review
- BERCOMAC Versatile Plus Off-Road Snowblower Review
- Best Ariens Snowblower 2020
- Best Honda Snowblower 2020
- Best Toro Snowblower 2020
- Briggs & Stratton Snow Blower Reviews 2020
- Champion Compact 2-Stage Gas Snow Blower Review
- Craftsman 26″ Snowblower Reviews 2020
- Cub Cadet Snow Blower Reviews 2020
- Dirty Hand Tools 103880 Self-Propelled Electric Start Snow Blower with Tracks Review 2020
- Earthwise SN74022 Cordless Snow Thrower Review
- Husqvarna Snow Blower Reviews 2020
- Kobalt Snow Blower Review 2020
- Poulan Pro 27 Snowblower Reviews 2020
- PowerSmart DB2401 Lithium-Ion 40V Cordless Snow Blower Review
- Remington RM2120 Electric Start Single-Stage Gas Snow Thrower Review
- Ryobi 40V Snow Blower Review 2020
- Simplicity 1696755 Single Stage Snow Thrower Review
- SnoTek 2-Stage Self-Propelled Gas Snow Blower Review
- Snow Joe Cordless Snow Blower Review 2020 – iON18SB Cordless Single Stage
- Troy Bilt Storm 2410 Reviews 2020
- Yardmax 22 Snowblower Review 2020