We are sure that you have tried a lot of log splitters.
You might have tried a manual one or an internal combustion engine based splitter.
But, if you are reading this, an electric one has caught your attention, hasn’t it?
Well, it only makes sense that many people are turning towards electric devices now. Just a few years back, IC engines dominated this industry of gardening machinery.
But times have changed. So buckle up our dear readers, for we are taking you through our review on one of the better electric log splitters we have tested in a while, which is WEN 56206 6-Ton Electric Log Splitter.
Lumberjack Log Splitter Reviews 2020: What we liked?
Powerful electric motor
Don’t let the figures fool you. Even if the motor is rated at 2 HP, it is electric. What this means is that all of the maximum torque is available from the very beginning, unlike IC engines where you need to get to a particular speed to obtain maximum power and torque.
And what’s better? The coil used to wind the motor is made of copper. After silver, copper is the best conductor of electricity. This simple addition guarantees efficiency even when the temperature outside is high.
We had no problems with starting the engine in cold winter mornings, as it doesn’t use any fuel. This ensures a quieter operation and also, there is no risk of gas shortage.
Just plug it in a socket and you are good to go.
Thoughts given to safety
Also, as this is an electricity-based splitter, there are no fumes of carbon and sulfur to deal with. We had no hassles in operating it indoors.
There is also a safety button provided. This enables you to protect your curious children from any horrendous injuries.
A track corrector to track logs while splitting
We found this feature really useful. Trust us, you don’t want to be constantly adjusting the logs on the ram table.
An inbuilt log cradle or guide keeps track of the incoming logs, and the mechanism helps the machine to auto-adjust.
There is enough room to cut through logs as big as 10 inches in diameter and 20 inches in length.
Good amount of pressure available to power hydraulics
The hydraulic system can generate around 3,000 PSI of power. That is enough pressure to produce a noticeable impact on bricks and concrete. Rest assured, WEN 56206 will cut logs like butter is sliced with a hot knife.
12,000 pounds of tremendous force and puncture-resistant tires
To drive the logs into the wedge, the push plate is backed by around 12,000 pounds of brutal force.
This ensures that the logs are evenly cut and in little to no time.
WEN has also provided the equipment with a puncture-resistant set of tires. You will have no problem in navigating the roughest terrain whatsoever.
And even if the tires do trap the occasional sharp objects, they can keep on going for miles before needing a repair.
What could have been better?
Although low on gasoline consumption, the amperage of the motor is high at around 15A. This forces it to draw electricity heavily, thus increasing your utility bills.
Another problem with an electric motor driven splitter would be lack of versatility. You cannot take it in the woods, or to any remote location, as it needs to use electricity for operation.
Although sturdy, the built could have been lighter by employing the use of composite materials.
- No gas required; hence no fumes
- Puncture-resistant tires
- Powerful hydraulics and motor
- Can increase your utility bills
- Cannot function in remote locations without power
If you are looking for an alternative solution to log splitting, something which is not noisy, produces no fumes, and cheap on your pocket, then you should definitely consider the WEN 56206 electric splitter.
However, do keep in mind its shortfalls and you will almost never go wrong while buying.
We hope our review was worth your time.
Can’t make up your mind yet? Read our buying guide for log splitters before you proceed with your purchase.
You should also check out our reviews of other models:
- Ariens Log Splitter Reviews 2020
- Boss Industrial ES7T20 Electric Log Splitter Reviews – 7 Ton 2 HP Electric Motor
- Brave BHVH2213GX Vertical And Horizontal Log Splitter Review
- Champion Wood Splitter Reviews 2020 – Made With The Best In Quality Build And Engine Technology
- Cub Cadet 160 cc 25-Ton Gas Log Splitter Review
- Dirty Hand Tools Log Splitter Reviews 2020
- Earthquake Electric Log Splitter Reviews 2020
- Earthquake W1200 Electric Log Splitter Review
- Forest King YTL23101 10-Ton Manually Operated Log Splitter Review
- NorthStar Log Splitter Reviews 2020
- Oregon S402028H0 28 Ton Log Splitter GX270 Honda OHV Engine Review
- Powerhorse 3-Point 22 Ton Horizontal/Vertical Log Splitter Review
- Powerking 34 Ton Kinetic Log Splitter Review
- RAMSPLITTER HV16-5 Residential Vertical 16 Ton Log Splitter Review
- Rugged Made Log Splitter Reviews 2020
- Samson Log Wood Splitter Hydraulic 45 Ton Review
- Speeco S40123300 22 Ton Gas Log Splitter Review
- Swisher LSER11534 34 Tons Cold Weather Clutch with 12V Recoil Log Splitter Review
- Titan Attachments Hydraulic Skid Steer Tractor 30 Ton Log Splitter Review
- Troy-Bilt TB33LS 277cc Log Splitter Review
- YARDMAX 25 Ton Log Splitter Reviews 2020 – Full Beam 4-Way Wedge 6.5HP 208cc